Elevations in plan mode in 3Darchitect home designer expert

Questions about the different plan modes in Arcon Evo and 3D Architect Home Designer products including creating elevation, section and construction views, modifying views, laying out views on to single sheet, adding hatching, scaling, saving to PDF etc
PatWoods

Elevations in plan mode in 3Darchitect home designer expert

Postby PatWoods » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi folks,
I am trying to input 3 elevations of my house plans into plan mode ready for printing, but there is no compass point in this mode (as apposed to view: architectural elevations option), so I am only getting one elevation. I have tried changing the viewpoint in 3d mode and setting it to the other sides in view: architectural elevations, but these settings don't transfer over to plan mode. The manual says that in plan mode there are more options available via Tool options catalog, but I can't find these. Anyone know what to do? PatWoods

Support

Re: Elevations in plan mode in 3Darchitect home designer expert

Postby Support » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Please use a North point from the 'Symbols' catalog. You can locate this near to bottom of vertical toolbar on left. Arcon Evo does off more in way of tools over the 3D Architect range.

PatWoods

Postby PatWoods » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:49 pm

Thank you for replying. Sorry I didn't make the problem clearer. The manual does state that one should be able to place several different elevations onto a plan in plan mode in 3darchitecthome designer expert, however, I can't see how to do it. It is possible to view different elevations in the view: architectural elevations tab. You do this by using the compass symbol at the top menu to change the orientation and thus view the required elevation. However, this tool is not available in plan mode, and moreover, even if I first set the compass point in view: architectural elevation so that the required elevation appears on screen, this is not carried over into plan mode. So as far as I can see the software isn't doing what it was advertised to do, but perhaps I am missing something?

Support

Postby Support » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi, yes you can place elevation views on single sheet eg below

plan view.png
plan view.png (148.59 KiB) Viewed 116 times

See also video - https://www.3darchitect.co.uk/media/pdf ... hitect.mp4

PatWoods

Postby PatWoods » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am

Thank you. I was given the detailed answer to this via an email, from support. We thought it would be useful to post it on the forum, as there are currently no instructions in the user manual. The key to placing the required elevations in plan mode is just to first place the default elevation on the plan (mine always gave me the "east" elevation (which wasn't east because I hadn't defined north point, but that doesn't matter)). Then I pressed escape to avoid another copy of the same elevation getting on the plan. After this, if you click on the elevation so it is selected, the menu shown above comes up and you can change the elevation to a different side, and position it on the sheet. Next insert the east elevation again and change this to a different side, repeat until you have all the required elevations on the sheet. I expect the support video shows all this, but my poor old computer won't show it via this link.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Thank you Pat :)